Samsung ace. issues sending sms once apn set up.

Occasional Poster
Pelocin

Samsung ace. issues sending sms once apn set up.

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 15 (2,928 Views)
A few months back i bought a Samsung.Galaxy ace outright from Telstra. Everytime i have tried to set apn to access internet and.and mms my phone stops sending /receiving sms messages. I find that i have to constantly turn my phone of then on to get sms. The Vodafone customer care are hopeless and instruct me to reset.the smsc number but when i type it in and hit update nothing happens...it doesn't update. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

Re: Samsung ace. issues sending sms once apn set up.

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 2 of 15 (2,824 Views)

Pelocin wrote:
A few months back i bought a Samsung.Galaxy ace outright from Telstra. Everytime i have tried to set apn to access internet and.and mms my phone stops sending /receiving sms messages. I find that i have to constantly turn my phone of then on to get sms. The Vodafone customer care are hopeless and instruct me to reset.the smsc number but when i type it in and hit update nothing happens...it doesn't update. Any ideas?

There's a step-by-step guide here:

http://support.en.proximus.be/app/staticpages/devices/en#/samsung/s5830-galaxy-ace/internet/manual-c...

You'll have to get the Vodafone settings and enter them yourself.  Are you OK with that?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Pelocin

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 15 (2,792 Views)
When i select the link it says page not found..
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 15 (2,763 Views)

Pelocin wrote:

Hi Pelocin,

Have you checked to see if the Samsung Galaxy Ace is on our approved handset list? If the handset is not on this list, then do not guarantee that our services will work on the device.

You can find the list here

Thanks,

-Bruno

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Pelocin

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 15 (2,768 Views)
It appears that its not on the list. Disappointing. If i call customer serves is there a way they can fix it so it.Will work?
Otherwise i may have to look at changing providers. I didn't pay $600 odd dollars for a smart phone that i can't do anythinges 'smart' with lol
Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 6 of 15 (2,768 Views)

Don't give up. This phone works OK with Vodafone settings.  Click on the link at the bottom of this earlier post from PPCApache and others...

Re: new samsung galaxy ace,not sending or receiving mms

PPCApache
Occasional Visitor

on 21-08-2011 07:18 PM

I have found with Samsung devices (mostly the Galaxy S II) that you have to seperate out the two APN's, so instead of having one with "Internet + mms" you have one as "internet" and the other as "mms", same details as what Nicholas advised, like so...

http://community.vodafone.com.au/vfaus/board/message?board.id=iphonedroid&message.id=1850#M1850

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Pelocin

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 15 (2,744 Views)
I have set apn using those setting previously and yes, my Internet and mms works fine but that's when I start having issues with text messages. Each time I have set apn and got 3G working I cannot recieve or send SMS messages. No one so far has been able to offer any help, each time I have called customer care they tell me to reset smsc code but it won't allow me to update it.
Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 8 of 15 (2,742 Views)

Tricky.  There's a thread here discussing the problem (can't send sms with packet data enabled).  One of the posts reckoned it happened after installing either 2.3.3 or 2.3.4

Samsung galaxy ace issues

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Samsung-galaxy-ace-issues/td-p/667199

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Pelocin

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 15 (2,725 Views)
My android version says its 2.2.1
Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Peter

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 10 of 15 (2,705 Views)

Here's a possible solution posted by Ticcer a couple of months ago.

The Vodafone Message Centre number is +61415011501. 

Enter +61415011501 in PDU FORMAT  (see here for more information http://www.dreamfabric.com/sms) in the smsc space in your handset.

The PDU format for the smsc number is,  07911614051105f1

http://community.vodafone.com.au/vfaus/board/message?board.id=mobiles&message.id=52#M52

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 4 Contributors
Announcements
GALAXY S5 - Live blog tonight