Samsung S3 - No Speaker Sound Output

Occasional Visitor
Manii

Samsung S3 - No Speaker Sound Output

by Manii Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 5 (8,117 Views)

Hi,

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Samsung S3 where there is no sound output from the speakers...

The phone itself is 2 Days old was working fine.. movies, music normal then suddenly while watching a video the sound starts to cut off.. this happened then few second later it came back.. I thought it would be possible video file problem but it happened again this time longer for a minute or so then came back... then went off completly..

I tried different videos, making call on speaker, music did not work.. performed factory reset.. no fix. Then i was playing around with it and tried to call my friend kept pressing the speaker button on/off few times.. then heard a noise/sound (similar to when plugging speakers in the jack behind computer while speakers on) and now working normal.

Should i be worried? I understand i still have the ELF period. Any Suggestions

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Android Enthusiast
Ahmato

Re: Samsung S3 - No Speaker Sound Output

by Android Enthusiast Android Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (8,111 Views)
Hey there Manni,

I have a Galaxy S3 myself and it is working just fine, no issues of that sort. Since the handset is new, I suggest taking it back and replacing it with a new one. In production, some handset may be defected, the Early Life Failure policy is there to ensure customers are provided with the best and functional products.

To be honest, it is an issue to be worried about. What's a phone without a working speaker?

When you have time, pop into a store with your proof of purchase and get it replaced with a new handset. Make sure you back up any data that needs backing up.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to be disturbed at any time via a pm. Or you can just post on this section and I'll be on to it.

Ahmato.
Thought I was helpful? Click the Star :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Manii

by Manii Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 5 (8,095 Views)

Thanks for the reply..

Actually it was working fine till now and it has started again so definatly getting a swap done.

Please use plain text.
Android Enthusiast
Ahmato

by Android Enthusiast Android Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (8,093 Views)
No worries.

If you have any questions about the handset, I'm your guy :smileyhappy:
Thought I was helpful? Click the Star :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 5 (8,069 Views)

Hi Manii,

Manii wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering if this is a known issue with Samsung S3 where there is no sound output from the speakers...

The phone itself is 2 Days old was working fine.. movies, music normal then suddenly while watching a video the sound starts to cut off.. this happened then few second later it came back.. I thought it would be possible video file problem but it happened again this time longer for a minute or so then came back... then went off completly..

I tried different videos, making call on speaker, music did not work.. performed factory reset.. no fix. Then i was playing around with it and tried to call my friend kept pressing the speaker button on/off few times.. then heard a noise/sound (similar to when plugging speakers in the jack behind computer while speakers on) and now working normal.

Should i be worried? I understand i still have the ELF period. Any Suggestions

Thanks

That definitely sounds like something we should look into for you, Ahmato is absolutely right (thanks Ahmato!). The speaker on your phone shouldn't be cutting in and out the way you've described. Your nearest  Vodafone store will be able to assess the hanset for you - you can find your nearest store here.

As Ahmato has mentioned, we will need your proof of purchase when we assess the phone, so don't forget to take it with you! If you need a copy I can help - just let me know!

You can read more about our warranty on our website here, but if you have any questions at all about the process please let me know.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 3 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?