Samsung Galaxy S4 wont trun on

Experienced Member
stevenmun

Samsung Galaxy S4 wont trun on

[ Edited ]
by stevenmun Experienced Member
Message 1 of 10 (1,297 Views)

I just got my phone on August. Yesterday when i charge the phone like usual. But after half an hour i try to check notification. I cant turn on the phone. I have tried to pull the battery and put it back, charge and wont turn on.

Is the battery dead or the hardware problem?

What should i do?

Regular Poster
Ian_lbt

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 wont trun on

by Regular Poster
Message 2 of 10 (1,287 Views)

Bring it back and get a replacement

Android Enthusiast
Ahmato

by Android Enthusiast Android Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (1,283 Views)
That's not good, and it seems like you've already done some basic troubleshooting. Which is a good start.

Your best option at this point is to take it in for an assessment at your local Vodafone store. They will then advise you on what happens next. If they can't get it back up and running they will most likely send it away for a repair or a replacement if necessary.

Cheers.
Thought I was helpful? Click the Star :smileywink:
Help and Support
Bruno

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 10 (1,258 Views)

Hi @stevenmun ,

stevenmun wrote:

What should i do?

The guys are spot on, the right move for you is to take your phone into your nearest store so that we can check it out and let you know if it needs to be repaired or replaced.

You'll need to take a copy of your proof of purchase with you when you head in too. If you don't already have one handy, you can get one from My Vodafone. There's a guide on how to do that right here.

Let us know how you go in the store and we're always here if you have any questions about the repair process or your warranty.

Community Enthusiast
Mi7k

by Community Enthusiast Community Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (1,249 Views)

Could be the battery if it is randomly turning off... Also if you noticed sudden drops in charge, like phone going from 80% to 40% very quickly.  

Get the battery and look at the seriel number.  Samsung have had a batch of batteries that they have recalled due to bloating...  Serial numbers affected are BD1D401XX through to BD1D529XX.

You can also check this by placing the battery on a flat table and try and spin it, it is spins freely then it is bloated and you need to get replaced.  Partner had the same issue and the Vodafone Store swapped it on the spot and it was in the serial range above :-)

Ausdroid
philtann

by Ausdroid Ausdroid
Message 6 of 10 (1,212 Views)

Had you installed any new launchers recently before this went bang on you?

I have seen a few launchers that didn't play well with my S4 so I've reverted back to Action Launcher Pro

Phil Tann
Writer - Ausdroid
www.ausdroid.net
Experienced Member
stevenmun

Message 7 of 10 (1,181 Views)

NO. i didnt use any laucher at all. I using all those original features. It might be the hardware dead or the battery. Thanks btw

Experienced Member
stevenmun

Message 8 of 10 (1,180 Views)

Thanks! I will check about that

Help and Support
Dana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 9 of 10 (1,165 Views)

stevenmun wrote:

It might be the hardware dead or the battery.

If it's the battery then that can easily be checked in store if you don't have a spare to test the phone with.

Of course if it's not the battery then we the staff can arrange for the phone to be repaired\replaced by sending it off to the Service Centre for you.

The best step to take would be to pop into a Vodafone store when you have a chance, we'll be here to help as well.

Ausdroid
philtann

by Ausdroid Ausdroid
Message 10 of 10 (1,155 Views)

I suffered the sleep of death on my Galaxy S3 at one stage and (full credit to Rundle Mall in SA) the phone was replaced on the spot because the team member was aware of the fault and was understanding of my personal situation at the time.

Worth taking the time and heading into your local Vodafone store to discuss it!

Cheers!

Phil Tann
Writer - Ausdroid
www.ausdroid.net
Stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1y ago
  • 4 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile