Samsung Galaxy S2 NO SERVICE ISSUES

Experienced Member
jen-

Samsung Galaxy S2 NO SERVICE ISSUES

[ Edited ]
by jen- Experienced Member
Message 1 of 17 (29,421 Views)

Hi Vodafone,

I bought my Samsung Galaxy s2 online last December and I've been having issues with it for the last month or so.

The phone keeps on displaying NO SERVICE at least 2-4 times a day and would require to be switched off and on in order to work (note occassionally it'll have to be restarted serveral times in order to get rid of the NO SERVICE problem). 

I know for a fact that there is service in my area as I have 3 family memebers who are with Vodafone and don't have the same problem as me. 

Can someone please advise me what I should do to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Jen

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 NO SERVICE ISSUES

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 17 (29,338 Views)

Hi jen-

I can definitely help you out with your handset.

From what you've described, it's most likely going to be one of three issues: a faulty SIMcard; a software bug that can be fixed with a reinstall of the software or a physical fault with the handset that will mean taking the handset to your nearest Vodafone store to be sent for repair.

The first step you should take, is to ensure that you backup your handset, this will ensure that you don't loose any important data. 

Once you have ensured that all of your data is backed up, a SIM swap will ensure that the SIM card is not causing the issue. If you're close to a Vodafone store, they can do this for you on the spot. If you're unable to get to a store, then I can arrange to have a blank SIM sent to you for us to do a SIM swap.

If the SIM swap doesn't fix the issue, the next step is to do a wipe and reinstall of your phone. This completely erases your handset and then re-installs your software, returning your phone to it's original state. You can do this directly from your handset from the settings menu, or via your computer using Samsung KIES.

Once this has been completed, it's a good idea to delay installing applications on the phone for a few days to see if the issue has been rectified. Then start adding your applications slowly, to see if a particular application may have been causing the issue.

If the erase and re-install does not fix the issue, then it is most likely that there is a physical fault with the handset, and the phone will need to be sent for repairs.

Please keep me posted on how you go with these steps, let me know if there's anything else that I can help with.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
jen-

Message 3 of 17 (29,288 Views)

Thanks for your reply Bruno,

I'll head out to a Vodafone store this this arvo to see if they can help with a SIM swap.

I'll keep you posted :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
jen-

Message 4 of 17 (29,235 Views)

The SIM swap resolved the problem!

Thanks again for your help.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Over_it

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 17 (29,191 Views)

I think I have the same problem. Anytime I am using my phone for more than about 5 minutes, I'll lose my data connection and then my network connection such that calls are dropped. txts wont send and I have no internet connectivity. After 10 minutes or so it will come back online (or if I turn the phone off and restart it. While its offline I go to the settings and the it shows there are no APN's listed. When it comes back online my vodafone apn has miraculously returned. I have been using the same sim card for almost 2 years. Do I need to get a new one? 

And if my phone is blanked and restored to factory settings will I have to download all my apps and settings again?

Matt

Please use plain text.
Occasional Genius
Sando

by Occasional Genius
Message 6 of 17 (29,133 Views)

My advice is to always get a new SIM if you update your past 1-2 years. The technology is moving so fast that your SIM needs to be changed to keep up with all the changes. This is a common issue with a lot of people change to "smart phones".

Sometimes when a network provider updates their technology you may need to update your SIM.

If you are going to be doing any sort of factory reset or firmware update you should always backup your phone.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Emilly

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note NO SERVICE, RESTART ITSELF ISSUES

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 17 (27,456 Views)

I got my galaxy note on 25th March 2012. Had lots of issues.

- When on a phone call, my headset restarts itself (3-5 times a day).

-Sometimes when messaging friend, the screen goes blank and cannot perform any function at all, I could not turn off. (Got my battery out and back again to enable it to go off).

-Very often the phone can go into NO SERVICE (at least 3- 5 times aday). Receiving voice mail msgs everyday from friends and work.

So I went to the nearest Vodafone store and they requested to sent off for warranty repair. Done. But the issues didn't solved. Still having the same problems everyday. It's really ANNOYING. I called customer service and was asked to sent off for repair again. :smileysad: This is not good! What if the 2nd, 3rd or 4th repair doesn't solve the issues? 

Please use plain text.
Android Enthusiast
Ahmato

by Android Enthusiast Android Enthusiast
Message 8 of 17 (27,452 Views)

Dear Emilly,

Vodafone has a three time repair policy. If the handset is still facing issues after the third repair they will offer a replacement.

Ahmato

Thought I was helpful? Click the Star :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Emilly

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 17 (27,447 Views)

Dear Ahmato,

Thanks. But I will be going overseas in a month time, hopefully the issues resolved as soon as possible before I leave.

A friend of mine have the similar problem and got sent off second time with the unresolved issues (which took more than two weeks time) and she sent off again last week for the third time repair, she is really unhappy, and don't know long it would take this time. 

Emilly

Please use plain text.
Android Enthusiast
Ahmato

by Android Enthusiast Android Enthusiast
Message 10 of 17 (27,399 Views)

Dear Emilly,

I can assure you that your issues will be resolved as soon as possible. At the moment your best option is to send it off to repairs for a second time and specify what the issues are and make sure they are noted so the repair centre and focus on them and try to repair them.

In the meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask questions.

The Vodafone team and community are here to help.

Thought I was helpful? Click the Star :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 13 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...