Samsung Galaxy S2 Echo Issue

Seasoned Member
atif

Samsung Galaxy S2 Echo Issue

by atif Seasoned Member
Message 1 of 6 (2,872 Views)

Hi

I got my samsung galaxy s2 about 6 weeks back and every thing was working fine untill I put a protective case on it and started experiencing echo problem on the caller side.

I did a google search and found out its a known issue with SG2. Tried three different cases and had the issue with all of them. The probelm goes away when the case is removed. I have tried the same three cases on my mate's SG2 and was not able to replicate the problem there.

I am wondering what my options are as other posts on the forum seem to suggest that this issue happens with some of the phones. I have passed the cooling off period so I doubt my phone can be replaced now. I am feeling kind of hope less now as other posts on the forum seem to suggest that vodafone are unable to repair their handsets and the only option is to replace your handset.

Any ideas !!!

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Habitual Poster
JohnH

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Echo Issue

[ Edited ]
by Habitual Poster
Message 2 of 6 (2,830 Views)

I am having the same problem as you - but not so before I sent the phone to the service centre to repair.

I got the phone in perfect condition in Oct 2011, but around a month later, the phone screen freeze continously, so i sent my phone to the service centre (during that time, my phone has got no echo issue)

the service centre said they replaced my screen as it was found to be faulty.

And right after that, every phone case I put on so far has the same echo issue (I used the same case before but no problem)

I am aware that I could sent it to repair again, but that takes around 1-2 weeks,

although Vodafone offers loan equipment during that repair period, not having my phone for so long is still quite troublesome for me.

That holds me back from sending the phone to repair again.

Also, who knows other problem might arrise after the repair - just like what happened to me before.

Will really appreciate if someone could offer some help.

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Jess

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 6 (2,778 Views)

Hey Atif, 

Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting you have attempted to fix the issue you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy S2. 

atif wrote:

I am wondering what my options are as other posts on the forum seem to suggest that this issue happens with some of the phones. I have passed the cooling off period so I doubt my phone can be replaced now. I am feeling kind of hope less now as other posts on the forum seem to suggest that vodafone are unable to repair their handsets and the only option is to replace your handset.

Any ideas !!!

John H, I would also like for you to give the below a go as well if you could for me. 

What I would like for you both to try is enabling noise reduction when on a call. When a call is connected go to options and select the "Noise Reduction" option for your device. 

Have you also attempted to turn the volume down on your device as this can sometimes assist in reducing the echo. 

If this does not assist in resolving the echo issue you will need to send the device in for assessment and repair. You can book in for a repair online through our Online Booking System. You will then need to drop your handset off at a local store and they will send it into the Vodafone service centre. Through this process you will also be able to Track Your Repair Order on our website. 

Please let me know how you go with the above steps. 

Jess 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
NicholasJames

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 6 (2,770 Views)
Jess is correct, I had a the same issue with ny sgs2 it would only echo when I had a case on it tho so I just never used one. but all you have to do is turn on noise reduction in call and then its fine :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Seasoned Member
atif

by atif Seasoned Member
Message 5 of 6 (2,706 Views)

Hi Jess Thanks for your message.

I have tried it and turning off noise reduction during calls did fix this issue. The only thing is that you have to turn off noise reduction every time you make/receive a call.

Does this mean that there is a hardware/software issue in my phone? and can this be permanently fixed by service centre?

Thanks again for your help

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 6 of 6 (2,674 Views)

Hi atif,

atif wrote:

I have tried it and turning off noise reduction during calls did fix this issue. The only thing is that you have to turn off noise reduction every time you make/receive a call.

You shouldn't have to turn noise reduction off every time you make/receive a call, so I can imagine how inconvenient this is for you.

atif wrote:

Does this mean that there is a hardware/software issue in my phone? and can this be permanently fixed by service centre?

There could be an issue with the handset itself, so taking it in to store for assessment is definitely the right step to take. Once your phone has been assessed by the service centre, they'll be able to repair or replace the handset for you.

Please let me know how you go.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile