New iphone says emergency calls only no service

Occasional Visitor
DanielBrockhoff

New iphone says emergency calls only no service

by DanielBrockhoff Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (5,635 Views)
Just got my new iphone. put in sim, says emergency calls only, no service.
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Re: New iphone says emergency calls only no service

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 7 (5,441 Views)

DanielBrockhoff wrote:
Just got my new iphone. put in sim, says emergency calls only, no service.

Hi DanielBrockhoff,

Thanks for your post. I can help.

If you've just got your SIM, chances are, you will need to activate it prior to using it.

There are instructions on how to activate your SIM on our website, here. If you aren't able to activate it using the website, you can also call 1555 to do it over the phone.

Once this has been completed, you will need to restart your phone, so it recognises the now active SIM card.

If you've already done this, and you're still having the issues, feel free to let me know and I can help from there.

Have a magnificent weekend.

Thanks,
Nick 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Alyssa

by Alyssa Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (5,426 Views)

Hi, I too am in the same position. I received my Iphone on Tues and charged it that night.  On Wed around 3 pm I activated the SIM via the phone and was told it would take 24 hours. By Thurs afternoon my Iphone was not active but I plugged it into Itunes and it synced itself and took some photos over.  It is now Frid night and I still have no service on my iphone.  I attempted to ring customer service and after 10 min finally got an indian lady with an accent so thick I could not understand it and after me saying around 5 times pardon but I don't understand - what did you say  ( I think she may have been saying she couldn't help me and I should ring back later but I'm not really sure) she hung up on me!!!  Not impressed as since lunch time Friday my SIM card on my 3 account became inactive and now I am without a mobile service! Lucky we currently have a landline which is how I was able to contact 1555.  If we didn't have that I would be truly truly annoyed.  As it is I cannot text my husband who is away for the weekend and in and out of mobile coverage so texting would be our only form of communication. I have a 4 month old and a 22 month old and am home alone with them so now suspect he will be worrying as obviously he cannot communicate with us! I would appreciate some input as to how I can get this Iphone in service and usable!

Thankyou Alyssa

Please use plain text.
Genius
Kingybear

by Genius
Message 4 of 7 (5,421 Views)
I don't know much about iphones, (other then what i have read in my facebook news feed) so it would probably be worth trying your sim in another phone because they seam to have issues.
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Gemma

Message 5 of 7 (5,403 Views)

Alyssa wrote:

Hi, I too am in the same position. I received my Iphone on Tues and charged it that night.  On Wed around 3 pm I activated the SIM via the phone and was told it would take 24 hours. By Thurs afternoon my Iphone was not active but I plugged it into Itunes and it synced itself and took some photos over.  It is now Frid night and I still have no service on my iphone.  I attempted to ring customer service and after 10 min finally got an indian lady with an accent so thick I could not understand it and after me saying around 5 times pardon but I don't understand - what did you say  ( I think she may have been saying she couldn't help me and I should ring back later but I'm not really sure) she hung up on me!!!  Not impressed as since lunch time Friday my SIM card on my 3 account became inactive and now I am without a mobile service! Lucky we currently have a landline which is how I was able to contact 1555.  If we didn't have that I would be truly truly annoyed.  As it is I cannot text my husband who is away for the weekend and in and out of mobile coverage so texting would be our only form of communication. I have a 4 month old and a 22 month old and am home alone with them so now suspect he will be worrying as obviously he cannot communicate with us! I would appreciate some input as to how I can get this Iphone in service and usable!

Thankyou Alyssa

Hi Alyssa, 

Thanks for your post and for letting me know you have called to activate your SIM and done a sync with your iPhone to iTunes. The information you have provided in your post is really helpful as it lets me know you have taken the correct steps towards activating your account. 

I can definitely appreciate the need to stay in contact with family and friends and would like to get this resolved for your asap. The next step I would like to take is to have a look at the status of your account and the number transfer, I’ve sent you a PM with my contact information so I can do this. Please click on this link to access your Private Messages. Also note that we cannot provide support via PM.

Thanks, 
Gemma  

Help and Support

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

Community Guidelines  Troubleshooting Guide

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cjsalazar92

by cjsalazar92 Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 7 (3,626 Views)
Hey,
I switched from Optus to you guys. Got the phone delivered today and set it up through iTunes and it says I have no service. In the booklet I got it says it should be ready to go because I'm on a contract but it's clear that it's not. I don't have a landline or Internet access here yet (just moved house) so I can't get a hold of the 1555 number and the online activation is apparently only for prepaid sims. This is really annoying me, I refuse to pay for a phone service I can't even use. I live in a metropolitan area where service is not an issue and between work commitments and store opening hours I can't go in store to get it activated either. How the hell do I go about solving this problem?
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 7 of 7 (3,594 Views)

cjsalazar92 wrote:
Hey,
I switched from Optus to you guys. Got the phone delivered today and set it up through iTunes and it says I have no service. In the booklet I got it says it should be ready to go because I'm on a contract but it's clear that it's not. I don't have a landline or Internet access here yet (just moved house) so I can't get a hold of the 1555 number and the online activation is apparently only for prepaid sims. This is really annoying me, I refuse to pay for a phone service I can't even use. I live in a metropolitan area where service is not an issue and between work commitments and store opening hours I can't go in store to get it activated either. How the hell do I go about solving this problem?

Hey cjsalazar92,

Since receiving your new device have you activated the sim card? I understand that you do not have access to a phone to contact us, so I have sent you a private message here with my contact details. If you could please email me with the details in your Private Message I will be able to look into your account and get this sorted out for you. 

Thank you,

-Bree 

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 1 Kudo
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?