Having galaxy SII for 3 months is the pain in the *****

Occasional Poster
johnkor
Accepted Solution

Having galaxy SII for 3 months is the pain in the *****

by Occasional Poster
Message 1 of 27 (1,276 Views)

I being signing this phone for quite sometimes now and is giving me problem .... which i dont even know how to voice out to you guys.... 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

Re: Having galaxy SII for 3 months is the pain in the *****

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 27 (1,155 Views)

johnkor wrote:

I being signing this phone for quite sometimes now and is giving me problem .... which i dont even know how to voice out to you guys.... 

Hi johnkor,

What problems have you been having with your Samsung Galaxy SII?

If you let me know, I can definitely help you out.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 3 of 27 (1,142 Views)

First of all i would like to say thanks for browsing at this thread . the problem goes like this 

1. I being expriencing network drop outs on this phone which i sometimes only recieve only one bar or 2 the max indoor than i will not get 3G or H in my home but when i walk to some other area there is 3G and H and it sometimes drop off together with the 3G and H and aslo the Network . ( this i believe is the phone as i try to seek information from Vodafone Store and aslo on the Customer Service on the phone )

2 . When i am not using my phone i will put in my pocket , if i go the time to play i will take it out but once i take it out i feel that my phone is very very hot on the rear camera bezel area which once i touch it will actually burn my hands and is hurts .

3 . Trying to charge this phone , and found out that my phone use the most battrery as much although there is no apps running on the background and aslo no 3G or Wifi is on or vice versa but it still chew battery like a monster 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 4 of 27 (1,139 Views)

Just one more i forget to mention that is  once i saw there is an UPDATE FOTA  for this device to 2.3.5 from 2.3.3 . once i update it the battery chews and aslo the network drops and aslo no sign of 3G or H signal . and i cant send any text or sms or even recieve any calls

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 5 of 27 (1,113 Views)

johnkor wrote:

First of all i would like to say thanks for browsing at this thread . the problem goes like this 

1. I being expriencing network drop outs on this phone which i sometimes only recieve only one bar or 2 the max indoor than i will not get 3G or H in my home but when i walk to some other area there is 3G and H and it sometimes drop off together with the 3G and H and aslo the Network . ( this i believe is the phone as i try to seek information from Vodafone Store and aslo on the Customer Service on the phone )

2 . When i am not using my phone i will put in my pocket , if i go the time to play i will take it out but once i take it out i feel that my phone is very very hot on the rear camera bezel area which once i touch it will actually burn my hands and is hurts .

3 . Trying to charge this phone , and found out that my phone use the most battrery as much although there is no apps running on the background and aslo no 3G or Wifi is on or vice versa but it still chew battery like a monster 

Hi jonkor,

It certainly sounds like you're having a tough time with your phone. Have you taken the phone to a store or service centre to be assessed for faults?

All of the issues that you have explained sound like there is something wrong with the actual phone, but if you let me know the post code where you are, I can also check to see the status of the network for you too.

Have you tried using your SIM card in another phone? This test is a great way to see if it is a problem with the handset, if you are able to get good signal using another phone in the same place with your SIM card, we will know that it is the phone that has the problem.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 27 (1,102 Views)

Yup i have send this phone for acess to vodafone store which is the place i sign my plan together with the phone , and about sim swap i did it just yesterday , when i am on my way back home the reception is perfect after for 15 minutes i started to loose reception including 3G or H and the phone reception . 

About the overheating issue , i did ask this question to the guy that serves me when i am doing my sim swap and than he ask me is very normal and i was like how can it be and those guy in the store thinks that is a joke which is one of the staff spoke to the store manager and she was like telling me there is no such thing as screen getting hot . and i am kinda ***** once i did the swap i just walk away. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 27 (1,101 Views)

for Bruno if u want my poscode is 6147 Western australia 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 27 (1,079 Views)

Just found out another problem , My Phone Turn Off and it never turns on again and there is no responce if i press any buttons 

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 9 of 27 (1,049 Views)

Hi johnkor,

Thanks for supplying your postcode. I've had a look at our Coverage Checker and I can see you should get coverage in that area. The symptoms you've described do tend to suggest the phone itself may be at fault. Whilst I would expect the phone to get slightly warmer during operation (after all, it is a tiny computer!), it should not get 'hot'.

To help determine if the phone is at fault or not, is it possible to test your SIM in a different phone? If the SIM works fine in a different phone, this would certainly lead me to believe there is something wrong with your phone. It might also be worthwhile testing a different SIM in your Galaxy S2, just to ensure you've covered all bases. I would expect you to have the same issues with a different SIM in your phone.

If these tests suggest the phone is at fault, you would be best advised to take it in store to have it assessed for repair again. I'm sorry if these issues were not fixed when you took it in previously. You can actually book your phone in for a service online, which helps to ensure your phone is out of action for as little time as possible.

Please let me know how you go.

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
johnkor

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 27 (1,037 Views)

thanks Nick , i try to acess it myself for the online booking it does not reconise my IMEI code as it says invalid ,, yea 

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Contributors
Announcements
#challenge930 - Putting the Lumia 930 through it's paces
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?