Android 5.0 is here - join the discussion

HTC Sensation XL got repaired and came back faulty

Occasional Visitor
JonathanMa

HTC Sensation XL got repaired and came back faulty

by JonathanMa Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 11 (1,053 Views)

So today i went to pick up my HTC Sensation XL which had a faulty coverage. They told me that they replaced the mobile phone. I went home after that and relised that the device is really faulty. First of all the touch screen on the bottom left and right hand side is dead. Can't touch there at all. Secondly the down volume button is really worn out. Thirdly this is the 3rd time i have had a problem with this device. IM SO *****EN ***** AT VODAFONE. I am about to throw this device at a wall. Anyone please help...

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
lawstudent18

Re: HTC Sensation XL got repaired and came back faulty

[ Edited ]
by Problem Solver
Message 2 of 11 (980 Views)

If this is the third problem (i.e. you have repaired or replaced it twice already) then you should go to a Vodafone Store and ask what your options are, They should be able to either repair it again (which understandably you may be dissatisfied with) or they might even replace it for you (either with another HTC or another phone entirely)

Go and see what they have to offer you.

Hope I Helped,

LS18

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
devonrexcatz

by devonrexcatz Experienced Member
Message 3 of 11 (956 Views)

My Desire HD required a new LCD connector after one year. This happened 2 weeks ago after a permanent screen blackout. It came back with the same problem (intermittently) plus the added problem of not being able to auto-rotate. It went back in today for another repair. They said after 3 attempts a new phone would be given to me. The beef I have is, I think 3 returns is a bit much...my major gripe nevertheless is that the replacement phones I have been given are so outdated I can neither use them properly or access the internet. Shouldn't a replacement phone equal what you are having repaired? After walking around the shopping centre with the replacement phone and realising I would have difficulties with it, I went back into the store and asked for a swap. They said (and mind you, this is a phone shop!) they didn't have any more replacement phones...what the??? They were also a bit rude to me as well; treated me as if I were an idiot. I really feel like complaining about the whole ordeal.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

[ Edited ]
by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 4 of 11 (940 Views)

Hey Jonathan,

The symptoms you mention do lead me to believe there is a fault with your phone, but from where I sit it is difficult to fully assess. For this reason, as you are still having issues with your phone, your best bet would be to take it back to a Vodafone store to have it assessed for repair or replacement, as LS18 suggested. 

You can actually book your phone in for a service online through our website, here. This will ensure that your phone is out of action for as little time as possible. If you'd prefer though, you can simply pop in to a store and have it assessed at your convenience.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Nick

[EDIT: Spelling]

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Nick

Message 5 of 11 (937 Views)

Hey devonrexcatz,

Whilst we would love to offer you the same phone as a temporary alternative when having your phone repaired or replaced, often this simply is not possible. Stores only have a limited number of phones available to borrow, and some stores may not have any phones available to borrow. The range and availability of loan phones varies from store to store. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any issues with your phone or service, or just some questions, please let me know. I am here to help

Thanks,

Nick

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
devonrexcatz

Message 6 of 11 (930 Views)

Hi Nick

Thankyou for your response!

I well understand the number of available phones for loan is limited and I truly wouldn't expect a clone of my own phone. The second replacement phone, nevertheless, has no wi-fi connectivity which I find totally unsuitable; many of the letters are wearing and to my disappointment, realised when I got home that I was given the wrong charger. I am without a phone! There were definitely other phones for loan because the staff were discussing whether to give me a Nokia, a Blackberry and something else. I was only out of the store for 15 minutes before I went back in; surely those phones were still there. I feel I was shrugged off  and I know they were not busy (they said so themselves); nevertheless one female staff member adopted a 'tone' with me, then turned and walked away when she explained I would not be getting another phone. I was at no stage confronting or rude to them.  I honestly think staff training requires an overhaul regards manners and accountibility. My daughter refuses to go into her local Vodafone store because they act as though customers are a nuisance. If I treated my customers like that at work, I'd be sacked!

The whole experience has been a trifle unsettling for me. Thanks for listening.

Belinda

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 7 of 11 (898 Views)

Hi Belinda,

devonrexcatz wrote:

I feel I was shrugged off  and I know they were not busy (they said so themselves); nevertheless one female staff member adopted a 'tone' with me, then turned and walked away when she explained I would not be getting another phone. I was at no stage confronting or rude to them.  I honestly think staff training requires an overhaul regards manners and accountibility. 

That's certainly not the kind of experience we want you, or anybody to have in our stores. Your experience is very important to us and I'll make sure that your feedback makes it to the right people.

The basic purpose of the loan phones, is to ensure that you're not without facility to make calls while your handset is being repaired. This means that they tend to be more basic handsets and often don't include features like WiFi connectivity

Has the repair of your handset been completed? I know what it's like to not have my phone, so I want to make sure that you aren't without a workable phone service.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Experienced Member
devonrexcatz

Message 8 of 11 (868 Views)

Hi Bruno

My phone was returned a second time unrepaired due to the fact that apparently, it had been in contact with water. I was shocked as it has never been near a drop of water! I checked details on the net when I got home and discovered that two tell-tale signs of water contact were evident within the phone itself and on the battery, on which a white strip would be pink in colour. I took the battery cover off the phone and the battery strip was not pink...it was white. So how could the phone have got water in it without it affecting the battery? I was told at the store that I would be sent an email of the photographed damage of which I never received.

While being told my phone was not under warranty for water ingression, I was offered another HTC Desire HD for $200 of which I decided I had no choice but to buy. There wasn't one available in the store so one was ordered...this is over 2 weeks ago now. I have received about 7 text messages informing me that the phone has arrived but every time myself or my daughter go to pick up this phone, it is not there. My daughter (who works at the shopping complex where the Vodafone store is situated) went in again last night asking for the phone as I had received another message. She was given the runaround by being told something about 'parts' being ordered. She was totally confused but had to go back to work. I have tried to ring the store several times over the fortnight instead of personally going in but no-one ever answers.

To top off this ordeal, I added another phone to my account about 4 months ago so I am actually billed for 2 phones on one account. Since then I keep receiving overdue notices of astronomical amounts on my bill. In fact, one bill was paid twice by me in a panic that they they were going to terminate my account. I have called Vodafone twice (conected to overseas sales persons I think) and have been told they were aware of the problem and would refund me and not to worry, I would receive not further notices of overdue accounts. Nevertheless my new bill indicates I am still overdue plus I have not been refunded!

Could you please tell me who I can contact to make a formal complaint.

Kind Regards

Belinda

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bree

Message 9 of 11 (852 Views)

Hi Belinda, 

devonrexcatz wrote:

My phone was returned a second time unrepaired due to the fact that apparently, it had been in contact with water. I was shocked as it has never been near a drop of water! I checked details on the net when I got home and discovered that two tell-tale signs of water contact were evident within the phone itself and on the battery, on which a white strip would be pink in colour. I took the battery cover off the phone and the battery strip was not pink...it was white. So how could the phone have got water in it without it affecting the battery? I was told at the store that I would be sent an email of the photographed damage of which I never received.

While being told my phone was not under warranty for water ingression, I was offered another HTC Desire HD for $200 of which I decided I had no choice but to buy. There wasn't one available in the store so one was ordered...this is over 2 weeks ago now. I have received about 7 text messages informing me that the phone has arrived but every time myself or my daughter go to pick up this phone, it is not there. My daughter (who works at the shopping complex where the Vodafone store is situated) went in again last night asking for the phone as I had received another message. She was given the runaround by being told something about 'parts' being ordered. She was totally confused but had to go back to work. I have tried to ring the store several times over the fortnight instead of personally going in but no-one ever answers.

To top off this ordeal, I added another phone to my account about 4 months ago so I am actually billed for 2 phones on one account. Since then I keep receiving overdue notices of astronomical amounts on my bill. In fact, one bill was paid twice by me in a panic that they they were going to terminate my account. I have called Vodafone twice (conected to overseas sales persons I think) and have been told they were aware of the problem and would refund me and not to worry, I would receive not further notices of overdue accounts. Nevertheless my new bill indicates I am still overdue plus I have not been refunded!

Could you please tell me who I can contact to make a formal complaint.

I apologise for the service in which you have received. It is as Bruno said, not what we want any of our customers to experience. 

I can understand that this is an extremely frustrating experience for you and I'd love to get this resovled as soon as possible. 

To do this I will need to get you to email me so that I can take a look at your account and the notes that may have been placed on it. 

I will also be able to look at the other important issue that you have regarding bills and extremely high outstanding amounts. 

Please email me at online.help@vodafone.com.au with code 159CBPBI in the subject line and this information here in the body of the email with your details filled out. 

I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further, 

Thank you,

Bree. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
KateHo

by KateHo Occasional Visitor
Message 10 of 11 (802 Views)

I feel everyone's pain regarding the HTC Sensation XL.  Since I got mine at the start of the year, it has been dropping calls (which is hugely frustrating/ embarassing when I'm on the phone to clients) and losing reception constantly.  It also loves to turn itself off in the middle of phone calls and freeze after sending txt messages.  It's been sending error reports to HTC almost daily.  But here's the kicker, I've finally got leave and was going into vodafone to try and get something done about it and I dropped it last night, which cracked the screen and has apparently voided it's warrenty, despite it being a completely demonic phone since I first got it.  

I've been quoted around $300 to get the screen fixed. $300 to get a phone fixed that was faulty to begin with?!  I practically had to run out of the vodafone store so that I didn't cry infront of everyone.  And HTC were super unhelpful.  Turns out all the error reports that my phone had been sending can't even be accessed by them, so so much for providing the phone was faulty to begin with.  

It is the worst phone and this whole process has been a complete nightmare.
There is just no winning... 

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 8 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?