HTC Legend Android 2.2 (Froyo) update take 2

Vodafone Blog
Andy_T

HTC Legend Android 2.2 (Froyo) update take 2

by Vodafone Blog Vodafone Blog
Message 1 of 95 (6,416 Views)

Hey guys,

AT from the Vodafone Blog here. Just a quick update for those using the HTC Legend. The Over The Air update will start rolling out from 12 PM today.

you can read here for the details - http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/news/htc-legend-android-2-2-froyo-update-take-2/

Cheers

AT

Please use plain text.
Occasional Genius
DarkRyoushii

Re: HTC Legend Android 2.2 (Froyo) update take 2

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Genius
Message 2 of 95 (6,351 Views)

just curious will the 3 branded handsets be getting the update at the same time via the same method? I ask because both companies are VHA so maybe you know something about their update schedule?

Thanks in advance

- DR

DarkRyoushii
Motivated Student & Avid Tech Enthusiast.
Please use plain text.
Vodafone Blog
Andy_T

Message 3 of 95 (6,318 Views)

Hi Mate,

Yes they will

AT

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
Tim_H

by Community Manager Community Manager
Message 4 of 95 (6,311 Views)

Cheers AT!

Anyone lay hands on Froyo and loving it? Should be a nice step up im terms of features, we'd love to hear how anyone's going with it. Im trying to track down someone here who's using one to have a play :smileyvery-happy:

Tim

Please use plain text.
Occasional Genius
fattty

by Occasional Genius
Message 5 of 95 (6,274 Views)

This is a touch surprising given my Magic (Vodafone branded) recieved an OTA update to 2.2.1 a couple of months ago.  I thought the Legend was already done.  I suppose the holdup was integrating HTC Sense into the ROM.

Having played with the legend, my magic, the wifes Desire HD and a Samsung Galaxy S I have to say that I much prefer the "NUDE" Froyo experience to a manufacturer overlay, but Sense is the least offensive one out there.

Fattty

Please use plain text.
Vodafone Blog
Andy_T

Message 6 of 95 (6,253 Views)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update, we’ve noticed a few comments on the blog and through forums that some of you out there can’t seem to get the notification of the Android 2.2 Froyo update when you manually ‘search’ for it on your phone, or have to manually search it on your phone several times before you see the available update.

This has been raised and we’re working with HTC to get this resolved, we’ll update you guys when we have more information at hand.

For futher updates and questions on the HTC Legend, check out the thread I've created on this - http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/iPhone-and-Android/HTC-Legend-Android-2-2-Froyo-update-take-2/m-...

Regards,

AT

Please use plain text.
Vodafone Blog
Andy_T

Message 7 of 95 (5,988 Views)

UPDATE: Friday, 1 April 2011, 5:30PM AEDST:

Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies regarding the FroYo update for those of you that are using the HTC Legend. Since my last update, we’ve been working with HTC to sort this problem that some of you were having in updating your Legend to Android 2.2

The cause of the problem is that some have the older version of software which will either:

• Not enable you to see a new update (Device with version 2.1 says not update available) or,
  • Receive the initial prompt to update will not come thru.

To Help I have included a Summary of the software we have delivered to date

• RC Éclair 2.1 (Version 2.02.178.3).
  • QMR Éclair 2.1 (Version 2.10.178.1.)
  • MR FroYo 2.2 (version 3.15.178.3)

Basically you can’t update your phone direct from RC Éclair 2.1 to MR FroYo 2.2 and must follow the instructions below

• Go into your settings and manually pull the software update
  • Run the 1st upgrade : From 2.02.178.3 (RC Eclair) to 2.10.178.1 (QMR Eclair) – about 19MB

Once you’ve done that you can now update to FroYo

• Go into your settings and manually pull the software update
  • Run the 2nd upgrade: From 2.10.178.1 (QMR Eclair) to 3.15.178.3 (MR FroYo) – about 80MB

Regards,

AT

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
wrxphoto

by Occasional Poster
Message 8 of 95 (5,951 Views)

Hi Tim, I installed Froyo 2.2 on my HTC Legend last week & it is CRAP !!! My screens are so slow & jerky it's not funny. "Hard reset" didn't improve things. HTC support no help, told me a few people experiencing same problem. I am desperate to reset my O.S. to Eclair 2.1. Can anyone help ?

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
c00kie

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 95 (5,873 Views)

wrxphoto wrote:

Hi Tim, I installed Froyo 2.2 on my HTC Legend last week & it is CRAP !!! My screens are so slow & jerky it's not funny. "Hard reset" didn't improve things. HTC support no help, told me a few people experiencing same problem. I am desperate to reset my O.S. to Eclair 2.1. Can anyone help ?

Cheers.

Try this out...

settings -> applications -> development -> select "USB Debugging"

HTC won't really tell you to turn that on as its more for developers and the sorts (hence why its in the development menu). You should notice a decent improvement overall.

I'm running 2.2 on my legend but whilst its an improvement from 2.1, it still has a lot of shortfalls
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 10 of 95 (5,794 Views)

wrxphoto wrote:

Cheers.

Hi wrxphoto,

There is no way for Vodafone to allow you to rollback the software. Have you tried the option provided by c00kie? What was the outcome?

Thanks,

Kirsty. 

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 94 Replies
  • 3y ago
  • 2 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors
Announcements
Kudos 101- Don't be shy, hand it out today
Switch to mobile
Using a smaller screen?