Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

Galaxy Tab 7 wifi issues with 2.3.6 upgrade

Occasional Tagger
davemart30

Galaxy Tab 7 wifi issues with 2.3.6 upgrade

by davemart30 Occasional Tagger
Message 1 of 7 (1,867 Views)

Is anyone else suffering wifi connection issues since the upgrade to 2.3.6?

It seems to be a known issue around the internet, and I'm getting very frustrated with having to reconnect manually several times a day. At least 3 times a day, sometimes every hour. I'm keeping a note of what time it happens, both at work and at home. I'm sure my 3g data usage is through the roof compared to previous months due to sycronising over the phone network instead of wifi.

Other devices in the house have no problem and neither did the tab till the update.

Please use plain text.
Problem Solver
Grumpyoldgreek

Re: Galaxy Tab 7 wifi issues with 2.3.6 upgrade

by Problem Solver
Message 2 of 7 (1,750 Views)

HI 04,

I have tab on new software and havent noticed any real issue except once where i turned off mobile network purely due to I use wifi more than network and have not had an issue, and can still use all functions without it..

have you tried that option in network settings?

it might assist you, but remember to turn it back on again when no wifi in range otherwise nothing will connect! ;-)

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 3 of 7 (1,723 Views)

User24867 wrote:

Is anyone else suffering wifi connection issues since the upgrade to 2.3.6?

It seems to be a known issue around the internet, and I'm getting very frustrated with having to reconnect manually several times a day. At least 3 times a day, sometimes every hour. I'm keeping a note of what time it happens, both at work and at home. I'm sure my 3g data usage is through the roof compared to previous months due to sycronising over the phone network instead of wifi.

Other devices in the house have no problem and neither did the tab till the update.

Hi User24867,

This sounds very frustrating!

I suggest backing up your Galaxy Tab, and wiping everything. From here re-install the update and restore your photo's, music, apps etc.

If this does not fix the WiFi connection, you'll need to take the Galaxy Tab into your nearest Vodafone store or service centre. You can find your nearest store, or pre-book your tab into the service centre here. 

It would be great if you can let me know how you go with this. :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
davemart30

Message 4 of 7 (1,689 Views)

Thanks for your reply Sarah,

This morning I have done a hard reset on the phone (using the power on - volume up method).  It has restored it to 2.3.6, not the original firmware, so no upgrades are available after the reset.  I will see how it goes today with the wifi and reply again.

Dave.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Dana

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 5 of 7 (1,670 Views)

davemart30 wrote:

Thanks for your reply Sarah,

This morning I have done a hard reset on the phone (using the power on - volume up method).  It has restored it to 2.3.6, not the original firmware, so no upgrades are available after the reset.  I will see how it goes today with the wifi and reply again.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Let me know how you go.  I've got the Galaxy Tab 7 but have been very remiss in updating to the new 2.3.6 update which I will do tonight and see how it goes with the WiFi.  Like, you when I'm at home I use it through my home internet to save on using my data plan on my phone account.

I look forward to hearing from another Galaxy Tab 7 user!

Cheers,

Dana.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
megsteve

by Occasional Poster
Message 6 of 7 (1,639 Views)

I have the exact same issue since the 2.3.6 upgrade. Did you find a fix?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Tagger
davemart30

Message 7 of 7 (1,628 Views)

Not really,

I did a hard reset on the phone (holding vollume up while powering on) which definitefly improved the drop out rate. Still no consistent auto-connect when remembered wifis are in range for me and still drops the wifi once or twice a day.  But before the hard reset, dropouts were almost hourly so its much less frustrating now.

Some of the internet searches I saw recommended checking your wifi router's dhcp renew settings to make sure they were not set to infinite.  Mine renew daily so wasn't a solution, but something to check for your own setup.

Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 5 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...