Have you used the Vodafone Support site? Tell us what you think

Coverage at Griffith University Nathan Campus

MuhammadShafiullah

Coverage at Griffith University Nathan Campus

by MuhammadShafiullah Member
Message 1 of 26 (1,273 Views)
Hi, I don't get any reception on my iPhone when I'm in my office at Griffith University Nathan campus. Are there any plans to rectify this issue any time soon?
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Sarah_C

Re: Coverage at Griffith University Nathan Campus

by Help and Support Help and Support
Message 2 of 26 (1,200 Views)

MuhammadShafiullah wrote:
Hi, I don't get any reception on my iPhone when I'm in my office at Griffith University Nathan campus. Are there any plans to rectify this issue any time soon?

Hi MuhammadShafiullah,

Just to confirm, is the campus on Recreation Road? 

How long have you been without reception in this location for? The area is covered by our 850MHz network so you shouldn't be having any problems. Do you have the same problem in other locations?

Do you know of other Vodafone users having the same problem at the campus?

Once I know the above information I'll be isolate and troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Sarah.

Please use plain text.
MuhammadShafiullah

by MuhammadShafiullah Member
Message 3 of 26 (1,198 Views)
Hi Sarah Parts of the campus is on Recreation road. However, my office is located close to Mimosa creek and East Creek Road. My friend who works in a building a few hundred meters away has the same problem. We have poor reception pretty much all over the campus. The reception is fine at home (Coopers Plains). Thanks, Muhammad Shafiullah
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Kirsty

Message 4 of 26 (1,181 Views)

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for confirming your exact location - I have checked this on the coverage tool, and can see it shows 3 dots of indoor 850MHz coverage. You're iPhone is compatible with this network, and so I would definitely expect you to have service. What phone is your friend using? Is it also 850MHz compatible? If not, does he have better service if he tries turning the phone to 2G only?

I'd like to run through some further troubleshooting with you, to isolate and identify the cause of your issue. We have a great troubleshooting guide here on the Community that I would like you to run through - the first 2 parts are the troubleshooting steps, and the 3rd part is a template.

After you've run through the troubleshooting, please copy the template, and paste it back here with your answers. This will give me a much better understanding of your issue, and I will be able to help further.

Thanks,

Kirsty.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Nist

by Occasional Poster
Message 5 of 26 (1,057 Views)

Hi Kristy,

I have a similar issue & know a few other people having the same issue. I am on Galaxy S2 & have tried restarting the phone/switching to 2G etc. Its a shame that Vodafone coverage is not available at a Campus that has thousands of students studying. Customer service informed me that Nathan site upgrade would happen by March-2012. Will definately switch to other operator if issue isn't fixed.

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 6 of 26 (1,037 Views)

Hi Nist,

I'd really like to help you out with the coverage issues that you're having at the University.

Nist wrote:

I am on Galaxy S2 & have tried restarting the phone/switching to 2G etc. 

Your Galaxy S2 is and 850 compatible handset, so you should have a solid signal based on the current coverage. What kind of issues are you having with your service? The more detail you can give me about the issues that you're having, the better the advice I can give you.

How many bars of signal are indicated on your handset? This information will help me to determine if it is a lack of signal or network congestion that may be causing the issues that you're experiencing.

Nist wrote:

Customer service informed me that Nathan site upgrade would happen by March-2012. Will definately switch to other operator if issue isn't fixed.

There are two new 3G sites and upgrades for two existing 3G sites that are about to be completed. There will be a period of testing and calibration to ensure optimal performance, but these upgrades will bring a huge improvement to signal strength and data speeds.

You can keep an eye on what is happening with our network upgrades on the Network News page of our website.

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Nist

[ Edited ]
by Occasional Poster
Message 7 of 26 (1,033 Views)

Hi Bruno,

I do not get a single bar indoors & at max 2 bars outdoors (normally its 1 bar). I have tried moving around the campus & there doesn't seem to be any particular area where the coverage is good. 

Cheers

Nist

Please use plain text.
Help and Support
Bruno

Message 8 of 26 (1,019 Views)

Hi Nist,

Thanks for letting me know how much signal you're actually getting on your handset.

Nist wrote:

I do not get a single bar indoors & at max 2 bars outdoors (normally its 1 bar). I have tried moving around the campus & there doesn't seem to be any particular area where the coverage is good. 

From the coverage that is indicated, you should still be receiving some signal to your Galaxy SII as it is an 850 device. As you've mentioned that there are other people experiencing the same issues that you are having, the next step is for me to get our Network Team to investigate the issues you're having.

I've sent you a private message with my contact information so that I can get an investigation organized for you. 

Cheers,

-Bruno.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Nist

by Occasional Poster
Message 9 of 26 (988 Views)
Hi Bruno,

Have sent you the email.

Cheers
Nist
Please use plain text.
Occasional Poster
Nist

by Occasional Poster
Message 10 of 26 (926 Views)
Hi,

Can you please let me know the findings from the network team?

Thanks
Nist
Please use plain text.
Stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 2y ago
  • 0 Kudos
  • 14 Contributors
Announcements
What's happening with Windows Phone? These guys will let you know...